Sunday, October 3, 2010

Vintage Fab

Saturday began with an arrival of 5:30am to my first bride.  She was having her ceremony at the Shark Reef at 9am so all 4 gals had to be ready by 8:30am.  One of her bridesmaids fit the the perfect vintage look.  Red lipstick was a must for her and she loved it!

This look is easy to achieve and doesn't require much time to do.  Simply start with a good foundation and top it with translucent powder. Pinkish blush on the cheeks. I applied a tan and light gold on the lids.  A black cream eyeliner to create the winged eye line. Black mascara, I prefer Voluminous by Loreal.  I then dusted translucent powder all over lips and around lip line.  Using my Cherry lip liner from Mac I lined the lips and filled them in.  A little smidgen of gloss over that and va va voom..you are vintage fab!

Red lipstick is often shied away from by most women, unsure of which red to use.  I say give it a try, there are blue-reds, brown-reds, orange and even yellow based reds to choose from depending on your skin tone.  Experiment and don't be afraid to ask for help, that is what the sales girls want you to do is ask...it gives them something to do..lol

No comments:

Post a Comment